Scrambled Eggs and Ham
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Ham or Gammon
- 2 ounces boiled ham cut into strips
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 4 large beaten eggs
- 1/4 Cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 Tablespoons sliced green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/4 Cup whole milk
- In a 7-inch pie plate combine ham, green onion, butter and basil.
- Micro-cook, uncovered, on 100% of power for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or till the mixture is heated through.
- Meanwhile, stir together beaten eggs and milk. Pour over ham mixture in pie plate.
- Micro-cook, uncovered, on 50% of power for 4 to 5 minutes or till eggs are nearly set, pushing cooked portions to center of dish several times during cooking. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Micro-cook, uncovered, on 100% power for 30 seconds to 1 minute more or till cheese is just melted.
Serve with buttered toast (jelly, marmalade or preserves on the side), orange or other juice and coffee for a complete and full American breakfast.