Schweinekoteletts in Saurer Sahnesosse (Baked Pork Chops)
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Pork
- 6 pork chops
- 1 garlic clove; minced
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds; crushed
- 2 teaspoons Hungarian paprika; mild *
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper; as desired
- 1 Cup white wine; dry
- 1 Cup sour cream (optional)
- * Use only Hungarian mild Paprika. It is available at most larger stores and at specialty shops.
- Place the pork chops in an ovenproof casserole. Mix the remaining ingredients, except sour cream, and pour over the chops. Marinate the chops 2 to 3 hours in the refrigerator. Bake the chops, uncovered, in the marinade in a preheated 325 degree F. oven for 1 hour or until tender.
- Add more wine if necessary. Stir sour cream into pan juices and heat through but DO NOT boil. Serve chops with sour-cream gravy and buttered noodles or dumplings.