Schweinekotelett in Zweibelsosse (Pork Chops in Onion Sauce)
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Pork
- 4 pork chops
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons unbleached flour
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 onions; small (2 medium) *
- 1/2 Cup beer
- 1/2 Cup beef broth; hot
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- * Onions are to be thinly sliced.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper; coat with flour.
- Heat oil in a heavy frypan. Add pork chops; fry for 3 minutes on each side. Add onions; cook for another 5 minutes, turning chops once. Pour in beer and beef broth; cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Remove pork shops to a prehaeated platter. Season sauce to taste. Blend cornstarch with a small amount of cold water. Stir into sauce and cook until thick and bubbly. Pour over pork chops. Blend cornstarch with a small amount of cold water.
- Stir into sauce and cook until thick and bubbly. Pour over pork chops.
- Serve with brussel sprouts and boiled potatoes.