Scallops with Horseradish Dill Sauce
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Seafood
- 3/4 Cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoon store-bought creamy horseradish
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 3 Tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 Cup chopped sweet pickles
- 2 Tablespoon capers; rinsed, drained
- olive oil spray; as needed
- 8 skewers; soaked in water for at least 20 minutes
- 1/4 pound thinly-slice prosciutto
- 20 large sea scallops
- 2 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- salt, to taste
- freshly-ground white pepper, to taste
- In a small serving bowl, mix mayonnaise, horseradish sauce, lime juice, 2 tablespoons of dill, pickles and capers. Set aside.
- Mist cold grill with olive oil spray and preheat.
- Cut prosciutto into 25 pieces and thread onto skewers alternatively with scallops.
- Spread olive oil in shallow dish and mix with remaining 1 tablespoon dill. Dip skewers into oil mixture, coating thoroughly. Salt and pepper scallops, to taste.
- Grill skewers 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, depending on scallop size. Serve with horseradish sauce.