Scallops with Crushed New Potatoes, Leek and Bacon offers incredible taste sensations. The soft, subtle flavor of the vegetables are juxtaposed by the sweet, salty scallops. An outstanding array of textures accompanies the dish, making it ideal for a romantic dinner for two, especially when served with a delectable, fruity or sparkling white wine. Simply prepared, and always treasured.
- 3/4 pound baby new potatoes, washed
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher salt
- 3 1/2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 slices meaty unsmoked bacon, chopped
- 1 leek, trimmed and sliced, white and part green, well rinsed
- 1 Tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 4 Tablespoons light cream
- 12 sea scallops
- black pepper, to taste
- Cook the potatoes in salted boiling water for 15 to 20 minutes until tender. Drain and crush roughly with a fork.
- Meanwhile, melt half the butter in a frying pan with bacon and leek for 10 minutes, until the leek is soft. Stir in the parsley, cream and potatoes. Season to taste.
- Season to taste.
- Season the scallops and fry in the remaining butter in another pan for 1 to 2 minutes each side until golden.
- Portion the potato mixture evenly and top with the scallops. Pour the pan juices from the scallops pan over each plate.
- Serve immediately with a fine Chardonnay or sparkling white wine.
Avocado Gazpacho Soup is a delicate, tasty Mexican soup that is packed with incredible flavor and ta...
Prince Edward Island Mussels with Fennel-Saffron Broth brings together delicious Provençal flavors i...
Golden Noodle Soup is an amazing compilation of simple and complex flavors often found in Greek tave...
Heartwarming and comforting, Bacon and Bean Soup is a wonderful recipe for cold weather ...