The flavor of Sauteed Spinach with Shallots makes it an incredible side dish with beef, chicken, pork, or veal. Subtle, buttery, and yet sophisticated. this easy dish is delish.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 shallots (to 3); minced
- 1 pound baby or regular spinach; stemmed
- coarse salt; to taste
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter, to finish
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in large heavy skillet. Add shallot and cook, stirring, about 30 seconds. Add spinach in batches, adding more as spinach softens and cooks down.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until wilted and just cooked, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle with salt to taste and add butter, to coat the spinach.
- Serve hot.