A simple recipe of great importance, Sautéed Maple Apples may be used in a variety of ways. It is great with pork dishes, or chicken, and super on desserts. Use it with soups (as a garnish), alongside roasts, over ice cream, on waffles or pancakes, or even as a snack on its own.
- 2 Tablespoons safflower oil
- 6 apples (peeled, cored, and sliced)
- 1/4 Cup brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a non-stick skillet, place the safflower oil, and put the skillet over medium heat.
- Add the apples and saute them for 5 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for an additional 5 to 7 minutes or until tender.
- Serve warm or cold as an accompaniment, side dish, or dessert topping or filling.
A wonderful family-friendly dish, Pizza Casserole is easy to make and delicious to eat. The recipe i...
Paskha or Pascha is a festal dish made in Eastern Orthodox countries of those foods which are forbi...
A very flavorful, rich and healthful soup, Warszawa Borscht is not very popular in America, but terr...
Spicy Moroccan Carrots is a wonderful side dish. In Morocco, it would be served along side a Tagine ...