A simple recipe of great importance, Sautéed Maple Apples may be used in a variety of ways. It is great with pork dishes, or chicken, and super on desserts. Use it with soups (as a garnish), alongside roasts, over ice cream, on waffles or pancakes, or even as a snack on its own.
- 2 Tablespoons safflower oil
- 6 apples (peeled, cored, and sliced)
- 1/4 Cup brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a non-stick skillet, place the safflower oil, and put the skillet over medium heat.
- Add the apples and saute them for 5 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for an additional 5 to 7 minutes or until tender.
- Serve warm or cold as an accompaniment, side dish, or dessert topping or filling.
Making perfect gravy for your holiday turkey is not difficult and much better than anything that eve...
Peach Ginger Upsidedown Cake is a refreshing, delightful treat; perfect for afternoon tea, brunch or...
The quintessential Spanish recipe; Paella is full of exciting flavors and enticing textures. Visuall...
Outrageously delicious, Apple-Ginger Crumble is best served warm, and optionally with ice cream driz...