Sauté de Foie Gras aux Cerises is an exciting appetizer of incredible flavor. Perfect anytime of year, this dish offers sweet, tangy, and aromatic sensations. This is restaurant quality food that’s very easy to make at home.
- 4 medallions of uncooked fresh foie gras
- 4 toasted rounds of brioche
- 1 can pitted cherries in water (14.5 ounces)
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 Cup dry red wine
- 1/4 Cup shallots, minced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 Cup chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 Tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- chives, at least 2-inches long
- Cook the vinegar and sugar over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and the mixture is reduced to a glaze. Add the wine, shallot and cinnamon stick and boil until the liquid is reduced to about 1/4 cup. Add the broth and cherries and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and stir in the cornstarch, simmering for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. Cover and keep warm.
- Heat a non-stick pan over high flame and sear the foie gras medallions about 30 seconds per side. They should be crisp, golden brown, but not burned.
- Set a brioche toast on each of four plates. Place one foie gras slice on each of the brioche toasts, and top with cherry sauce, garnish with chives.
Delectable glazed Advent Cookies are a heavenly treat for yourself or your youngsters, Perfect ...
This slightly sour Hungarian Cherry Soup tastes best in the warmth of spring and summer and is easy ...
Yogurt softens the incredible heat of this intensely spicy Grilled Chicken in Yogurt Tandoori Marina...
There are almost as many recipes for Chicken Paprikash as there are Hungarian cooks. This wonderful...