Saucy Bean and Beef Pie
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Pies
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3 1/2 ounces French fried onions; 1 can
- 1/4 Cups bread crumbs; dry
- 10 3/4 ounces cream of mushroom soup; 1 can
- 1 egg; large
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 16 ounces French cut green beans; 1 can
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Mix the meat, half the onions, the bread crumbs, 1/4 cup of the soup, the egg, thyme leaves, salt and pepper.
- Press the mixture evenly against the bottom and sides of an ungreased 9-inc pie pan.
- Turn the drained green beans into the meat line pan then spread the remaining soup over the beans.
- Bake, uncovered, for 35 minutes. Arrange the remaining onions on the top of the mixture and bake another 10 minutes.
- Cool for about 5 minutes, then cut into wedges and serve.