Superb, light and refreshing, this sauce has a wide variety of uses. Great with grilled shrimp, some fish dishes and grilled chicken.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Sauces
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 Cup parsley leaves
- 1 pickled jalapeno pepper
- 4 ounces mild green peppers (chopped and seeded)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 3 scallions
- 1/4 Cup cilantro
- 13 ounces tomatillos (fresh or canned)
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Drop the garlic through the feed tube of a food processor with the metal blade in place and motor running to chop finely (about 10 seconds.)
- Add the scallions, parsley, cilantro, and jalapeno and chop finely (about 6 pulses of the motor).
- Add the tomatillos and process until pureed, about 5 seconds.
- Add the remaining ingredients and pulse 2 times to mix.
- Refrigerate, covered.
Serve over chicken or fish.