The classic club is wonderfully adapted in the Salmon Club Sandwich with Roasted Shallot Smear. Complemented by a wonderful herbed cheese spread it makes a great luncheon. Serve with homemade potato chips or cottage fried potatoes.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 6 slices pancetta
- 6 salmon fillets, 4 ounces each
- black pepper, freshly ground, as needed
- Kosher salt, as needed
- 18 slices rye or French bread
- 1/3 Cup Roasted Shallot Smear (recipe follows)
- 1/3 Cup Herb Cheese Spread (recipe follows)
- 1/4 pound arugula
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 10 whole, peeled and halved shallots
- 10 peeled garlic cloves
- 1/4 Cup Balsamic vinegar
- 2 anchovies
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cloves peeled garlic
- 1 Tablespoon each of chopped fresh rosemary, basil and thyme
- 1 Cup cream cheese
- 1/2 Cup goat cheese
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil in medium sauté pan over high heat and cook pancetta until crispy.
- Season salmon with pepper and salt. Heat remaining olive oil in large sauté pan until smoking hot and sear salmon, about 3 to 4 minutes per side depending on thickness.
- Toast or grill bread. Spread 6 slices with roasted shallot smear and top with salmon. Place slice of bread over salmon and smear with herb-cheese spread followed by pancetta and arugula and top with remaining slice of bread.
- Cut at an angle and serve.
- Drizzle oil over shallots and garlic and roast in preheated 300 degree F oven until soft. While puréeing in food processor, add balsamic vinegar, anchovies, chopped herbs and salt and pepper.
- Process ingredients in a food processor till smooth.
A buttery, rich and flavorful sauce that is ideal when served over puddings or ice cream or fruit de...
She-Devil Barbecue Sauce is a spicy, rich and flavorful accompaniment for ribs and other delicious T...
All-American Apple Pie is the ultimate classic in American gastronomy. The quintessential comfort fo...
Apple and Cheese Bread Pudding is certainly unusual, but a natural pairing as apples and cheese have...