The classic club is wonderfully adapted in the Salmon Club Sandwich with Roasted Shallot Smear. Complemented by a wonderful herbed cheese spread it makes a great luncheon. Serve with homemade potato chips or cottage fried potatoes.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 6 slices pancetta
- 6 salmon fillets, 4 ounces each
- black pepper, freshly ground, as needed
- Kosher salt, as needed
- 18 slices rye or French bread
- 1/3 Cup Roasted Shallot Smear (recipe follows)
- 1/3 Cup Herb Cheese Spread (recipe follows)
- 1/4 pound arugula
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 10 whole, peeled and halved shallots
- 10 peeled garlic cloves
- 1/4 Cup Balsamic vinegar
- 2 anchovies
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cloves peeled garlic
- 1 Tablespoon each of chopped fresh rosemary, basil and thyme
- 1 Cup cream cheese
- 1/2 Cup goat cheese
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil in medium sauté pan over high heat and cook pancetta until crispy.
- Season salmon with pepper and salt. Heat remaining olive oil in large sauté pan until smoking hot and sear salmon, about 3 to 4 minutes per side depending on thickness.
- Toast or grill bread. Spread 6 slices with roasted shallot smear and top with salmon. Place slice of bread over salmon and smear with herb-cheese spread followed by pancetta and arugula and top with remaining slice of bread.
- Cut at an angle and serve.
- Drizzle oil over shallots and garlic and roast in preheated 300 degree F oven until soft. While puréeing in food processor, add balsamic vinegar, anchovies, chopped herbs and salt and pepper.
- Process ingredients in a food processor till smooth.
A salad of incredible visual and gastronomic appeal. Watermelon Puzzle has it all! Delicious intern...
Senegalese Chicken Yassa is an exciting, spicy and delicious recipe that is perfect for celebrating ...
Easter Ham with Peach Glaze is a delectable way to serve an extraordinary meal for the holiday, with...
A dark beer adds a deep, rich flavor to simply and slowly cooked carrots making these an exceptional...