An entertaining treasure, these canapes provide a delightful tidbit of salmon, cheese and mustard flavored with dill. A perfect combination for a perfect event.
Salmon Canapes with Dilled Honey Mustard
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Hors d Oeuvres
- 1 Tablespoon red onion - chopped fine
- 3 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill - chopped
- 12 slices cocktail rye bread
- 2 Tablespoons soft cream cheese
- 1/4 pound smoked salmon lox, broken into 24 pieces
- 24 sprigs fresh dill
- In small bowl, combine onion, mustard, honey and chopped dill; mix well.
- Spread each bread slice with cream cheese; top with mustard mixture. Cut each bread slice in half diagonally or in circles.
- Top each bread slice with salmon and dill. Serve immediately.
- Makes 24 appetizers.
Source: The Best Appetizer Cookbook by Pillsbury.