Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy is an American classic – the embodiment of democratic ideals in a single meal. Steak made for the masses, that poor may eat as rich.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground round steak
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 egg
- 1/4 Cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- season to taste
- 1 Cup mushroom soup
- 1 Cup milk or water
- 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet, optional for color
- Combine meat, egg, bread crumbs, onion and seasoning. Shape into patties.
- Preheat a skillet to 350 degrees.
- Place patties in skillet and brown on each side.
- Mix mushroom soup, Kitchen Bouquet and milk together. Pour over patties.
- Lower heat to 250 degrees.
- Cover and cook about 20 minutes or until done.
The classic Corned Beef Sandwich is updated and enhanced by grilling it, giving it a crispy, crunchy...
Simple, easy and very tasty, Frankfurter Casserole is a great dish to make in a hurry. Perfect for w...
An utterly delectable dessert, Pumpkin Cheesecake with Gingersnap Pecan Crust is a creamy treat; off...
A grand dessert for a brunch or party, Sicilian Cannoli Dip is a real treat. Essentially, these are ...