Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy is an American classic – the embodiment of democratic ideals in a single meal. Steak made for the masses, that poor may eat as rich.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground round steak
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 egg
- 1/4 Cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- season to taste
- 1 Cup mushroom soup
- 1 Cup milk or water
- 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet, optional for color
- Combine meat, egg, bread crumbs, onion and seasoning. Shape into patties.
- Preheat a skillet to 350 degrees.
- Place patties in skillet and brown on each side.
- Mix mushroom soup, Kitchen Bouquet and milk together. Pour over patties.
- Lower heat to 250 degrees.
- Cover and cook about 20 minutes or until done.
Cherry Clafoutis is an extraordinary country French dessert using fresh cherries to create a light a...
A delicious blend of fruit, nuts and wine and spice is a reminder of the mortar used by the Jews in ...
Roast Beef Tea Sandwiches is a very quick to prepare recipe that will be very popular. Serve with te...
Worried about kale? This recipe will change your mind. Creamy, buttery goodness mix with delicious s...