Saffron Panna Cotta is an extraordinary dessert with a subtle, creamy color that’s warm and ingratiating. Simply delicious and exotic.
Saffron Panna Cotta
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Dessert
- 3 1/2 Cups heavy cream
- 3/4 Cup granulated sugar
- 1 orange, zested
- 3/4 teaspoon saffron threads
- 1 1/2 teaspoons powdered gelatin
- 1 Cup whole milk (preferably not ultra pasteurized)
- candied pecan pieces, chopped or fresh berries
- In medium saucepan, combine cream, sugar, lemon or orange zest and saffron threads. Bring to boil, stirring gently; remove from heat. Let mixture rest for 10 minutes to develop flavor and color.
- Stir gelatin into cream mixture until dissolved. Strain mixture through fine-mesh sieve; stir in milk.
- Pour mixture into chilled rocks glasses or low tumblers. Chill in the refrigerator, covered with plastic wrap, for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve topped with pecans, or fresh berries, if desired.