Kirby cucumbers work well for Sadye’s Dill Pickles. If not available, you need small pickling cucumbers, not the dark green ones you buy in the market for salads. A great marinade makes a great pickle.
- 10 Quarts water
- 2 Cups salt
- 1 Quart vinegar
- 4 Tablespoons pepper
- 5 teaspoons dill
- 3 dozen Kirby or pickling cucumbers, 3 to 4 inches long
- Make a solution of the first four ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Fill crock with cucumbers, placing dill between layers of cucumbers.
- Add the hot solution. Onions or garlic may be added if desired. cover crock and let stand several days before using.
- If preferred, cucumbers may be preserved in jars rather than in crock.
One of our best creations, this simple dish is easy to prepare and amazingly flavorful. Serve it wit...
Traditional Fondue is a glorious Swiss recipe of melted, flavored cheeses, wine, kirsch and spices. ...
The Piadina is an unleavened flatbread, similar and probably related to that of the Middle East. Fil...
A buttery, rich and flavorful sauce that is ideal when served over puddings or ice cream or fruit de...