Simply wonderful with salads or as a spread on sandwiches. Rich, elegant and flavorful.
- 1 Cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup catsup
- 1 Tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 1 Tablespoon grated onion (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 drops hot-pepper sauce
- In small bowl, with fork, stir all ingredients until well mixed.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Serve on lettuce wedges, hard-cooked eggs, cold poultry, chilled cooked vegetables, corned beef, in sandwiches.
An Americanized version of Russian dressing substitutes sweet pickle relish for the grated onion, milk and parsley of the original. Either versions are perfectly acceptable, though the American version is said to be better as a sandwich spread, and is often used in Jewish deli sandwiches.