This delicious dessert is easy to make, but it does contain alcohol, so not suited to the kiddies. Seriously delicious.
Rummed Maple Pudding
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Desserts
- 4 Tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons gelatin
- 25 ladyfingers
- 1/3 Cup dark rum
- 1 Cup maple syrup or:
- 3/4 Cup maple-flavored syrup
- 14 ounces evaporated milk, chilled
- 1/2 Cup chopped pecans
- Place water in medium-size saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over, let soak for 5 minutes. Arrange ladyfingers in one layer in shallow dish, pour the rum over so that ladyfingers are evenly coated, let soak.
- Beat evaporated milk to light and fluffy. Place gelatin mix over low heat and stir it gently until melted, mix in the maple syrup and beat into evaporated milk, along with the nuts. Line bottom of 8 cup deep dish with half the ladyfingers, breaking them up if necessary to fit the dish.
- Pour half the maple mixture over, cover with remaining ladyfingers, then remaining maple mixture. Leave in refrigerator for several hours, or until the pudding is firm.
- Serves 8
- Rummed Maple Pudding is suitable alcoholic dessert for the thirsty Sagittarian, who will find it hard to resist.