The sweet and alluring tropical flavor of rum pairs gloriously with chocolate to create Rum Truffles, an exceptional confectionery morsel.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Snacks
Serves: 30 pieces
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 Cup whipping cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 Cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 Cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Melt chips with whipping cream in heavy, medium saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk in rum extract and vanilla until blended. Pour into pie pan.
- Refrigerate until mixture is fudgy, but soft, about 75 minutes.
- Shape about 1 Tablespoon into 1 1/4-inch ball.
- To shape, roll mixture in your fingers as your palms will melt the chocolate. Place balls on waxed paper. They should not be perfectly round, but rough, smooth shapes.
- Sift powdered sugar and cocoa into a shallow bowl. Roll balls in sugar-cocoa mixture; place in petit-four or candy cases.