Paired with a scoop of Almond or Vanilla Bean ice cream, Ruby-Port and Fig Sauce is a spectacular dessert that both entices and seduces the palate. This may be organized into a very elegant, sophisticated dessert, perfect for entertaining.
- 1/2 bottle Port Wine (375 ml.)
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split (or 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste)
- 2 Cups fresh figs, halved
- Vanilla Bean or Almond ice cream, as needed
- Whisk together port and sugar; add vanilla bean. Pour into saucepan and bring to a boil; lower to simmer.
- When mixture is reduced by almost 2/3, add figs. Continue to simmer until figs are soft, adding water if necessary to allow for added cooking time. Cool.
- For service, pour over ice cream.