Rosy Radish Pickles
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Appetizers
Serves: 6 half pints
- 1 Tablespoon yellow or black mustard seeds
- 1 Tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 Cups red wine vinegar
- 1 1/4 Cups water
- 1 1/2 pounds radishes; trimmed, washed, and halved
- Place mustard seeds, fennel seeds and celery seeds in a mortar or spice grinder; coarsely grind. Pour into a microwave-safe 4-cup glass measure. Stir in salt, vinegar and water. Cover tightly with microwave-safe plastic wrap. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 5 minutes. Carefully prick plastic to release steam. Carefully uncover.
- Divide radishes among 6 sterilized half-pint canning jars. Pour vinegar mixture over radishes to cover completely, leaving 1/2" headspace in each jar. Arrange filled jars around edge of carousel. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH (100%) for 10 minutes or until radishes are just tender.
- Remove jars from oven. Cover with lids. Let cool slightly. Refrigerate overnight. Serve chilled. Store in refrigerator and use within 1 month.
Per 1/4 cup: Calories: 10, Fat: .32 g, Carbohydrate: 2 g, Sodium: 190 mg, No Cholesterol, No Protein. Exchanges: 1/2 Vegetable