This simple, easy to prepare Romaine Salad provides the base for many exciting variations. Rely upon this with your own dressing as a base and use your own creativity.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Salads
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 large tomato, peeled and cut into wedges
- 5 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dill; optional
- Discarding dark green outer leaves, wash, dry, then chop lettuce.
- Toss lettuce and tomato wedges with dressing and serve.
- Dressing: Combine oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and dill and shake vigorously until well blended.