A great sauce for pasta.
Roasted Tomato Sauce
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Sauces
Serves: 6 to 8
- 1/2 Cup onion; chopped, 1 medium
- 1/4 Cup carrot; finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 pounds tomatoes; roasted and peeled
- 1 Tablespoon basil leaves; fresh, snipped
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Cook onion and carrot in oil over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- Cut tomatoes into fourths; drain.
- Place onion, carrot, tomatoes and remaining ingredients in food processor work bowl fitted with steel blade or in blender container; cover and process until well blended.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Makes about 3 1/2 cups sauce.