Roasted Sweet Potato Soup has an amazing flavor, ideally suited to early Spring, when winds blow and temperatures remain cool.
Roasted Sweet Potato Soup
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Soups and Stews
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes; peeled and diced in 1-inch cubes
- 1 small butternut squash; peeled and diced in 1-inch cubes
- 1 onion, yellow; quartered
- 1 Tablespoon thyme, fresh; chopped
- 1 Tablespoon sage, fresh; chopped
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 29 ounces chicken broth
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- white pepper
- 1 Cup half and half
- 1 bunch green onions; chopped
- Mix potatoes, squash, onion, thyme and sage in a large bowl. Add olive oil and toss to coat. Spoon mixture onto a baking sheet, spreading in a single layer. Place in oven and roast at 425 degrees until vegetables are caramelized, about 25 minutes, stirring twice.
- Remove vegetables from oven and process in blender or food processor until pureed.
- Slowly add chicken broth and process until smooth.
- Season with nutmeg, salt and white pepper to taste.
- When ready to serve, place in saucepan, stir in half and half and heat but do not boil.
- Serve garnished with green onions.