For an aromatic, luscious dish, try our Roasted Mediterranean Fish. It is a simple dish reminiscent of the dishes found in cafes along the French and Italian coasts.
Roasted Mediterranean Fish
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Main Course
Serves: 4 servings
- 12 ounces (350 g) small new potatoes, scrubbed
- 12 ounces jar ready made tomato pasta sauce
- 5 ounces (150 g) button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 ounces (50 g) pitted black olives
- 1 pound (450 g) cod fillets, cut into chunks
- 3 Tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil, plus sprigs to garnish
- Cook the potatoes in a large pan of boiling, salted water for 20 minutes until tender. Drain and set aside. When cool, cut them in half.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan oven/Gas Mark 6. Put the tomato sauce into a frying pan with the mushrooms and 4 tablespoons of water. Bring the mixture to the boil and allow to bubble for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to an ovenproof dish, add the olives and potatoes, then arrange the fish on top. Season with pepper and sprinkle with Parmesan. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the fish is cooked. Sprinkle with basil, then garnish with basil sprigs before serving.
Serving size: per serving Calories: 300