The aromatic flavor of garlic intensifies in roasting, while its pungent nature virtually disappears, making this a sweet, delightful accompaniment to soups, stews and other recipes.
- 2 garlic bulbs; unpeeled, and tops sliced off
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the garlic bulbs in a small baking dish and sprinkle with the oil, salt, and pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, until the garlic is lightly browned and soft, about 25 minutes. Use immediately, or store in the refrigerator for no more than 1 week.
Use this in soups, stews, roasts, gravies, sauces or spread it on pizzas; add it to burgers or use it in a wide variety of recipes.