Roasted Chicken with Caramelized Garlic and Sage is an exceptional recipe that pairs well with roasted or mashed potatoes and a simple gravy.
Roasted Chicken with Caramelized Garlic and Sage
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Main, Entree
- 4 airline chicken breasts, skin-on
- 4 teaspoons Caramelized Garlic (recipe follows)
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage leaves, chopped
- Kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 to 10 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons red vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Pry chicken skin away from flesh, making sure it stays attached around the edges, making a flap. Spread with 1 teaspoon caramelized garlic and 1/4 teaspoon sage. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add olive oil to preheated pan. Sear chicken, skin-side down until it begins to brown, about 4 minutes. Turn chicken over and transfer pan oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Allow to rest 4 to 5 minutes before serving.
- In boiling water, blanch sliced garlic till soft. In saucepan, heat sugar and wine until golden. Remove from heat, add the garlic and butter. Mix well.
- Makes about 1/2 cup.
Serve with roast new potatoes or mashed potatoes.