Nothing is more heart-warming than roasted chestnuts. Coming onto the market in Autumn through much of the Winter, these are the food of holiday lore. “Chestnuts roasting on an open fire…”
- 1 1/2 pounds chestnuts in the shell
- 1/4 Cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- With a sharp knife, make an X-shaped cut on the flat side of each shell.
- Arrange chestnuts in a roasting pan.
- Sprinkle with oil; toss lightly.
- Roast, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cool just until easy to handle, then remove shells and inner brown skins.
- Use chestnuts in recipes or to eat out of hand.
Absolutely wonderful, Artichoke and Bacon Frittata combines the delicious flavors of bacon and artic...
Pumpkin Bread Pudding is richly flavored and greatly enhanced by an outstanding Bourbon sauce. You w...
White Truffle Aioli is an exceptionally flavorful dip or spread ideal for serving with vegetables or...
Lamb Curry with Nuts and Coconut Milk has an amazing combination of spicy, subtle and tropical flavo...