Nothing is more heart-warming than roasted chestnuts. Coming onto the market in Autumn through much of the Winter, these are the food of holiday lore. “Chestnuts roasting on an open fire…”
- 1 1/2 pounds chestnuts in the shell
- 1/4 Cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- With a sharp knife, make an X-shaped cut on the flat side of each shell.
- Arrange chestnuts in a roasting pan.
- Sprinkle with oil; toss lightly.
- Roast, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cool just until easy to handle, then remove shells and inner brown skins.
- Use chestnuts in recipes or to eat out of hand.
Moist and tender Irish Pot-Roasted Chicken is an extraordinary dish, packed with incredible flavor. ...
Perfectly paired in Summertime Corn Hash with Shellfish, by Chef Jonathan Cartwright of Kennebunkpor...
This truly simple recipe produces outstanding results every time, with perfect rice to accompany all...
Chicken Caesar Salad is a classic that is perfect for a midday or evening meal. Full of great flavor...