The simplest, best and most glorious of holiday recipes Roast Turkey with Chestnut Filling produces some of the most enjoyable food to celebrate the season. Simply wonderful.
- 1 turkey
- 1/2 Cup butter
- 1/4 Cup flour
- *Chestnut Stuffing (see Recipe)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Dress and clean turkey and fill with Chestnut Stuffing.
- Cream together the butter and flour and rub the legs, wings, and breast with the mixture.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes. Season with salt.
- Reduce the heat to 350 degrees F and finish roasting for 3-1/2 hours or until tender. The turkey is done when a knife inserted into the thickest part yields clear liquid.
- Serve with Great Gravy for Turkey
- Turkey Baste
Mussels with Saffron Curry Cream is a simple recipe that's always a treat served as an appetizer or ...
Baccala alla Napoletana (Salted Cod Neapolitan Style) has a fishy history. Naples was ruled by the S...
Chicken Caesar Salad is a classic that is perfect for a midday or evening meal. Full of great flavor...
Steak Thumb Bits was a dish created by our Publisher's paternal grandmother and an annual favorite a...