The simplest, best and most glorious of holiday recipes Roast Turkey with Chestnut Filling produces some of the most enjoyable food to celebrate the season. Simply wonderful.
- 1 turkey
- 1/2 Cup butter
- 1/4 Cup flour
- *Chestnut Stuffing (see Recipe)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Dress and clean turkey and fill with Chestnut Stuffing.
- Cream together the butter and flour and rub the legs, wings, and breast with the mixture.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes. Season with salt.
- Reduce the heat to 350 degrees F and finish roasting for 3-1/2 hours or until tender. The turkey is done when a knife inserted into the thickest part yields clear liquid.
- Serve with Great Gravy for Turkey
- Turkey Baste
A simple Vanilla Custard is a wonderful dessert. Comforting, smooth and flavorful, its relaxing natu...
Perfect for leftover turkey from your holiday meal, this delicious chowder is full of great flavors ...
Trenette is a thin, flat pasta from Liguria is ideally suited to a variety of sauces. Wonderful with...
Biscotti Napoletani are served in Italy on the side of a cup of espresso, cappuccino or other hot be...