The simplest, best and most glorious of holiday recipes Roast Turkey with Chestnut Filling produces some of the most enjoyable food to celebrate the season. Simply wonderful.
- 1 turkey
- 1/2 Cup butter
- 1/4 Cup flour
- *Chestnut Stuffing (see Recipe)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Dress and clean turkey and fill with Chestnut Stuffing.
- Cream together the butter and flour and rub the legs, wings, and breast with the mixture.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes. Season with salt.
- Reduce the heat to 350 degrees F and finish roasting for 3-1/2 hours or until tender. The turkey is done when a knife inserted into the thickest part yields clear liquid.
- Serve with Great Gravy for Turkey
- Turkey Baste
Thomas Jefferson's Sweet Potato Biscuits are an historic, incredible treat that affords the best Ame...
For an aromatic, intoxicating treat, try our recipe for Irish Whiskey Truffles. Every bite a treasur...
The delicate flavor of Crispy-Skin Sea Bass with Arugula, Frisée and Hazelnut Vinaigrette pairs so p...
This refreshing salad is ideal for Summer, pairing the glorious flavor of grilled meat with the lusc...