The simplest, best and most glorious of holiday recipes Roast Turkey with Chestnut Filling produces some of the most enjoyable food to celebrate the season. Simply wonderful.
- 1 turkey
- 1/2 Cup butter
- 1/4 Cup flour
- *Chestnut Stuffing (see Recipe)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Dress and clean turkey and fill with Chestnut Stuffing.
- Cream together the butter and flour and rub the legs, wings, and breast with the mixture.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes. Season with salt.
- Reduce the heat to 350 degrees F and finish roasting for 3-1/2 hours or until tender. The turkey is done when a knife inserted into the thickest part yields clear liquid.
- Serve with Great Gravy for Turkey
- Turkey Baste
A simple recipe, Arugula Salad with Orange Zest Vinaigrette is exceptionally tasty, with flavors rem...
Seductive, sultry and pleasurable, Bistro Garden Butternut Squash Soup is simply wonderful. Served w...
Cold soups are easy to make because all they usually need is one quick turn in the blender. This rec...
Italians prepare Brown Buttered Noodles as a side dish when serving roast meats. Its rich butter sau...