A delectable, perfect roast turkey gravy made rich by the addition of Glace de Poulet (chicken demi-glace) as well as the pan juices of your roasted bird. Ideal with Mashed Potatoes, this gravy adds great value and flavor to your meal.
- turkey cooking juices
- drained vegetable water
- 42.5 g (1 1/2 ounce) tub of Glace de Poulet Gold (classic roasted chicken stock)
- 15 g (1/2 ounce) butter
- 15 g (1/2 ounce) plain (all-purpose) flour
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Skim off and discard the excess fat from the turkey roasting pan.
- Pour the turkey cooking juices into a jug and make up to 900 ml (3 3/4 Cups) with vegetable broth or water.
- Pour back into the roasting pan on the stove over a medium heat and stir to loosen any sediment from the bottom of the pan.
- Slowly bring to the boil and stir in the chicken stock.
- When dissolved, blend together the butter and flour and stir into the gravy to thicken slightly.
- Simmer for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring continually.
- Add seasoning to taste and serve with the roast turkey.
Herbed Summer Melon Salad is an extraordinary summertime recipe, perfect for either a dessert or an ...
You may serve Shrimp Cakes with Chipotle Aioli as a main course, but if you make the cakes small, yo...
There is nothing like Summer Berry Meringue Roulade for a perfect dessert. Ideally paired with brun...
The flavors of this incredible pork tenderloin are intense, rich, deep and spicy. The softer papaya ...