A delectable, perfect roast turkey gravy made rich by the addition of Glace de Poulet (chicken demi-glace) as well as the pan juices of your roasted bird. Ideal with Mashed Potatoes, this gravy adds great value and flavor to your meal.
- turkey cooking juices
- drained vegetable water
- 42.5 g (1 1/2 ounce) tub of Glace de Poulet Gold (classic roasted chicken stock)
- 15 g (1/2 ounce) butter
- 15 g (1/2 ounce) plain (all-purpose) flour
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Skim off and discard the excess fat from the turkey roasting pan.
- Pour the turkey cooking juices into a jug and make up to 900 ml (3 3/4 Cups) with vegetable broth or water.
- Pour back into the roasting pan on the stove over a medium heat and stir to loosen any sediment from the bottom of the pan.
- Slowly bring to the boil and stir in the chicken stock.
- When dissolved, blend together the butter and flour and stir into the gravy to thicken slightly.
- Simmer for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring continually.
- Add seasoning to taste and serve with the roast turkey.
Buttery, rich and delicious, Spritz Butter Cookies are at their very best with simple decorations, a...
Making Yorkshire Christmas Pye is no small feat. Entire teams of cooks would work for days to prepar...
Breaded Veal Cutlet (Weiner Schnitzel) is an Austrian classic, usually served with a fried egg on to...
The depth of flavor good Bourbon affords to pork is astounding. Marinated in it, glazed in it, this ...