A delectable, perfect roast turkey gravy made rich by the addition of Glace de Poulet (chicken demi-glace) as well as the pan juices of your roasted bird. Ideal with Mashed Potatoes, this gravy adds great value and flavor to your meal.
- turkey cooking juices
- drained vegetable water
- 42.5 g (1 1/2 ounce) tub of Glace de Poulet Gold (classic roasted chicken stock)
- 15 g (1/2 ounce) butter
- 15 g (1/2 ounce) plain (all-purpose) flour
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Skim off and discard the excess fat from the turkey roasting pan.
- Pour the turkey cooking juices into a jug and make up to 900 ml (3 3/4 Cups) with vegetable broth or water.
- Pour back into the roasting pan on the stove over a medium heat and stir to loosen any sediment from the bottom of the pan.
- Slowly bring to the boil and stir in the chicken stock.
- When dissolved, blend together the butter and flour and stir into the gravy to thicken slightly.
- Simmer for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring continually.
- Add seasoning to taste and serve with the roast turkey.
If you like seductive desserts, then you'll simply love Pumpkin Cognac Cheesecake. Perfect for Autu...
Creamy Onion Soup is an adaptation of the classic French Onion Soup. Our tasty variation is seriousl...
Served with clotted cream or rich creamery butter, Cranberry Chocolate Scones make a great addition ...
A very patriotic, historic, comforting and delicious soup, Navy Bean Soup's a keeper. Soothing, fill...