A delectable, perfect roast turkey gravy made rich by the addition of Glace de Poulet (chicken demi-glace) as well as the pan juices of your roasted bird. Ideal with Mashed Potatoes, this gravy adds great value and flavor to your meal.
- turkey cooking juices
- drained vegetable water
- 42.5 g (1 1/2 ounce) tub of Glace de Poulet Gold (classic roasted chicken stock)
- 15 g (1/2 ounce) butter
- 15 g (1/2 ounce) plain (all-purpose) flour
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Skim off and discard the excess fat from the turkey roasting pan.
- Pour the turkey cooking juices into a jug and make up to 900 ml (3 3/4 Cups) with vegetable broth or water.
- Pour back into the roasting pan on the stove over a medium heat and stir to loosen any sediment from the bottom of the pan.
- Slowly bring to the boil and stir in the chicken stock.
- When dissolved, blend together the butter and flour and stir into the gravy to thicken slightly.
- Simmer for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring continually.
- Add seasoning to taste and serve with the roast turkey.
Challah is a wonderful bread served traditionally on the eve of Rosh Hashanah, or Jewish New Year. I...
Simple, easy to make 60 Minute Mini-Loaves of bread are perfect for serving at formal or family dinn...
Bleu Cheese Waffles add a unique tang to the ordinarily subtle waffle, making for one great savory b...
Venetian Cornmeal Cake is a very old recipe, modernized here by Mary Ann Esposito. The dense cornmea...