Roast Swordfish with Basil is Gluten free, Wheat free and Dairy free, but overloaded with flavor. A perfect seafood dish.
Roast Swordfish with Basil
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Main Course
Serves: 4 serviings
- 4 swordfish steaks, about 26 ounces (750 g) total weight
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 14 ounces (400 g) 2 Cups butter (lima) beans, drained
- 2 Tablespoons of chilli olive oil
- 1 large chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 8 spring onions (scallions),trimmed and finely sliced
- lots of fresh basil, shredded
- 1 very large tomato, skinned, seeded and chopped (substitute 8 cherry tomatoes)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) Gas mark 6
- Brush the swordfish with the oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and leave on a non-stick baking sheet for a moment.
- Cook the butter (lima) beans gently in the chilli oil with the chilli and spring onions (scallions) for 5 minutes.
- Now put the fish in the oven. Add a little of the chopped basil to the beans, then add the chopped tomato and simmer for 5 minutes, by which time the fish will be cooked.
- Season the beans to taste.
- Serve the fish steaks on hot plates with a large spoonful of beans sprinkled with the remaining fresh basil to decorate.