There are few recipes as satisfying to the human palate as Roast Sirloin of Beef, fulfilling the craving that harkens back to our paleo roots. Slow roasting with low temperatures makes for an incredibly delicious meal.
- 2 1/2 pounds sirloin tip roast
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons oregano, dried
- 2 teaspoons basil, dried
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 3 larges cloves of garlic, minced
- Salt your roast with a teaspoon of Kosher salt, evenly rubbing the outside of the roast.
- Once salted, tightly wrap the roast in plastic wrap, and allow to rest in the fridge for an hour.
- Take the roast out at least an hour before cooking, allowing it to warm to room temperature. It's very important to have the roast near room temperature, since cooking a cold roast will result in uneven cooking, and likely undercooking.
- Once roast has come to room temperature, unwrap from plastic wrap, and pat dry with paper towel.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- While oven it preheating, on your stove, get a heavy bottomed pan (cast iron is preferred) on medium-high heat, with about a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Once heated (the olive oil should just be starting to smoke), place the roast in the pan, allowing it to get a golden brown sear on each side (this will take about 3 minutes per side).
- While roast is searing, assemble your spice rub, mixing the minced garlic, oregano, basil, pepper, and crushed red pepper.
- Remove the fully seared beef from the pan, and rub evenly with herbs.
- Insert oven-safe meat thermometer into the roast, place on a baking tray with a rack, and place in the oven.
- Cook the roast for about an 1 hour and 20 minutes (If you're using a larger roast, the timing may need to be increased), or until the roast reaches an internal temperature of 120 degrees F for medium-rare, or 130 degrees F for medium.
- Once the roast has reached 120 to 130 degrees F (depending on desired doneness), turn off the oven and let the roast rest inside the oven, 30 to 40 minutes, until the temperature rises to your final temperature (around 130F for medium-rare, or 140F for medium). Do not open the oven door at this time, as you want to keep all the heat inside to let the roast continue cooking.
- When the roast has reached your desired temperature, remove from the oven and allow to rest about 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve with Onion Gravy.
Our Double Bacon Double Cheese Burger mixes bacon with ground beef, and adds crispy bacon as well as...
Grilled Asparagus Wrapped in Prosciutto with Shaved Pecorino is an incredible appetizer and a perfec...
The flavors of Matzo Ball Soup are of Biblical proportion, and this recipe yields a heaven-sent resu...
Sweet Potato and Apple Spice Stuffed Turkey Roulade is a uniquely flavorful way to serve a delicious...