Roast Salmon (Mitan de Saumon R´ti) is a simple roast salmon, best served with a seductive Hollandaise Sauce.
Roast Salmon (Mitan de Saumon R´ti)
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Seafood
Serves: 2 servings
- 750 g middle cut of salmon
- 50 ml oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 120 ml Hollandaise Sauce
- fresh parsley
- seasoning (salt and pepper and other seasonings of choice)
- Scrape off the scales. Wash, then open up the salmon to remove the backbone; place the fish on a piece of foil.
- Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with the mace and cloves, add the bay leaves and brush with oil.
- Reform the piece of salmon, enclose in the foil and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat a little of the oil in a roasting tray, add the salmon in the foil and roast at 180°C for 10 minutes, then open the foil, baste the fish and roast for a further 10 minutes.
- Serve for 2 people, garnished with picked parsley and accompanied by a sauceboat of Hollandaise Sauce.