Roast Pork Loin Sofrito is an exceptionally delicious dish with roots in both Spain and Puerto Rico. The Sofrito adds an incredible flavor and makes a perfect sauce.
Roast Pork Loin Sofrito
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Main Course
- 3/4 pound Spanish onions, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 pound green bell peppers, seeded, completely cleared membrane, chopped and cooked
- 3 ounces chopped garlic in oil
- 3 ounces cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 3 ounces parsley, coarsely chopped
- 3 ounces olive oil
- 4 pounds boneless pork loin
- Purée onions, bell peppers, garlic, cilantro and parsley. Heat oil in sauté pan and cook mixture 5 minutes; cool.
- Spread pork evenly with half of Sofrito; roast at 325 degrees F in covered roasting pan for 90 minutes.
- Serve sliced with defatted pan drippings and remaining sofrito.