Roast Moroccan Fish and Vegetables with Spicy Couscous
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Seafood
- 10 shallots; peeled, halved vertically
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 Cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1/4 Cup cilantro
- 2 large cloves garlic; minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
- 2 pounds monkfish; or cod filets; trimmed cubed
- 4 carrots; thinly sliced diagonally
- 5 plum tomatoes; seeded and sliced
- 2 small zucchini; sliced diagonally
- 2 1/2 Cups chicken broth
- 20 ounces couscous
- lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. In small bowl, toss shallots with oil, salt, and pepper. Place in 3-Quart casserole; bake 10 minutes.
- In cup, mix remaining seasonings. Rub half over fish; reserve remainder.
- Remove casserole with shallots from oven; add remaining vegetables. Mix; top with fish. Bake 25 minutes or until fish is just cooked and vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, make couscous as package label directs except use broth instead of water and add remaining herb mixture.
- Serve with fish and vegetables.
- Garnish with lemon wedges.
This rich, flavorful Moroccan dish carries the wonderful flavors of summertime throughout the year.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 382 Fat: 7g Carbohydrates: 52g Sugar: 960mg Protein: 28g Cholesterol: 44mg