Roast Leg of Lamb is one of the classic recipes of the world. Favored from Asia to the Americas, it is simple to prepare and has a deep, rich flavor. This recipe crosses all religious and ethnic boundaries, forming a basis for togetherness across the table.
- leg of lamb (about 6 pounds)
- 8 cloves garlic
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- juice of one lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- freshly ground black pepper
- Wash lamb and pat dry.
- Make several cuts through surface of meat and insert slivers of garlic. Rub with lemon juice.
- Coat lamb with butter. Sear on all sides over high heat in a pan on the stove top.
- Season, and put in preheated moderate oven (350 degrees) for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, or until meat thermometer registers 175 degrees F. for medium. For well done, roast for 3 1/2 to 4 hours, or to 182 degrees F. on meat thermometer.
- Baste frequently.
- Just before serving, remove meat, and add some wine to pan drippings to make gravy.
- Serve very hot.
A wonderful cold-weather dessert, Poached Pears in Cinnamon-Ginger Sauce's rich combination of cinna...
Simply delicious. We truly love Fresh Peach Pie, a classic American dish made with good Southern pea...
The French really don't cook with blueberries as do the British and Americans, however Blueberry Cla...
Spicy, rich, refined, aromatic and completely delightful, Arroz Verde is an ideal Mexican side dish ...