Roast Leg of Lamb is one of the classic recipes of the world. Favored from Asia to the Americas, it is simple to prepare and has a deep, rich flavor. This recipe crosses all religious and ethnic boundaries, forming a basis for togetherness across the table.
- leg of lamb (about 6 pounds)
- 8 cloves garlic
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- juice of one lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- freshly ground black pepper
- Wash lamb and pat dry.
- Make several cuts through surface of meat and insert slivers of garlic. Rub with lemon juice.
- Coat lamb with butter. Sear on all sides over high heat in a pan on the stove top.
- Season, and put in preheated moderate oven (350 degrees) for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, or until meat thermometer registers 175 degrees F. for medium. For well done, roast for 3 1/2 to 4 hours, or to 182 degrees F. on meat thermometer.
- Baste frequently.
- Just before serving, remove meat, and add some wine to pan drippings to make gravy.
- Serve very hot.
Rich bacon and tasty Cheddar flavors come through with every delicious spoonful of Bacon-Topped Chee...
Simply a wonderfully delightful breakfast or brunch dish, good also for a light supper or dessert, R...
Laurel's Lavender Ice Cream offers a lovely, delicious and seductively romantic dessert that is sure...
The caramelized sweetness of Mixed Grill of Garden Vegetables is perfectly complemented by the excep...