Roast Garlic and Cauliflower Mash is the perfect blending of mild garlic flavor and the rich flavor of caramelized cauliflower. It makes a great side dish with roast meats. It’s also a great spread on crackers.
- 1 head of fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 head of cauliflower, trimmed, core removed, cut into 1-inch florets
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 Cups whole milk (may use skim milk)
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoon Roasted Garlic, or more if desired (recipe above)
- 1 Tablespoon chopped chives
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel away the outer layers of the garlic bulb skin, leaving the skins of the individual cloves intact. Using a knife, cut off 1/4 to a 1/2 inch of the top of cloves, exposing the individual cloves of garlic.
- Place the garlic head in a roasting pan. Drizzle olive oil over, using your fingers to make sure the garlic head is well coated. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the cloves feel soft when pressed.
- Allow to cool thoroughly. Using a small small knife, cut the skin slightly around each clove. Use a cocktail fork or your fingers to pull or squeeze the roasted garlic cloves out of their skins. Reserve in a bowl, covered.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- On a sheet pan, spread 1/4 of the florets with the oil, season with salt and bake until caramelized, about 25 minutes. Don't let it burn.
- Remove from the oven and reserve.
- Combine remaining cauliflower, milk and half a teaspoon of salt in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring mixture to a simmer, cover, and cook until cauliflower is tender, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Strain cauliflower from milk mixture, reserving both. Transfer cauliflower to a blender and add reserved Roasted Cauliflower. Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt and butter to the blender. Add half of the reserved milk liquid and Roasted Garlic.
- Secure top on blender and puree mixture until smooth. If mixture is too thick, thin by adding some of the remaining liquid. Season, to taste.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Top with chopped chives and serve.
Herbed Mayonnaise is a glorious home-made blending of ingredients and flavors resulting in a great d...
Vegetarian Harira delivers incredible flavor, luscious textures and an absolutely delicious soup exp...
The glorious flavors of Spring and Summer abound in Pea, Prosciutto, Arugula and Parmesan Tagliatell...
Easy, simple and seriously delicious, the sauce in Easy Barbecue Chicken imparts a wonderful flavor ...