Roast Chicken with Oriental Spices is an amazing dish, rich in aromatic flavors and the ethereal scent of roast spices. The air will be filled with deliciousness.
Roast Chicken with Oriental Spices
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Main Course
Serves: 6 servings
- 6 or 12 chicken portions,depending on size
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 inch (1 cm) piece of fresh ginger
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- pinch of Szechuan pepper
- freshly ground black pepper
- pinch of five-spice powder or ground cinnamon
- a little sesame oil mixed with sunflower oil
- Trim any loose fat and skin from the chicken pieces. Peel, slice and then sliver the garlic and ginger very thinly. Insert the slivers under the skin. Rub all over with soy sauce, peppers and spice and marinate for an hour before cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C/gas mark 6. For each chicken portion take a piece of foil large enough to wrap it completely and brush it over with the oil
- Wrap each portion carefully in the foil, with the fold on top. This is important to keep in the cooking juices, which will, when cold, turn into a delicious jelly.
- Place the parcels on a baking tray and roast in the top half of a hot oven for about 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to go cold. There is no need to unwrap the chicken until required.