Ricotta Roquefort Cheesecake
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Appetizers
- 2 packages part skim ricotta cheese, 15 ounces each
- 1 Cup Roquefort cheese; (6 ounces) packed
- freshly ground black pepper
- 6 large egg whites
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan cheese, fresh, shredded, to taste
- 42 red radishes, ends trimmed, rinsed and drained
- parsley sprigs
- crisp crackers
- 1. In a processor or bowl, mix ricotta, Roquefort, pepper and salt. Beat in egg whites. Scrape mixture into a 10 in cheesecake pan with removable rim. Sprinkle evenly with parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered, in a 325F oven until cheesecake is firm in center when pan is gently shaken, 35 to 45 minutes. Cool, cover, and chill at least two hours or up until next day.
- Pinch all but 1 or 2 pretty leaves from radishes. Wrap in damp cloth and enclose in a plastic bag. Chill at least half an hour.
- Remove pan rim and set cake on serving plate. Surround and garnish with radishes and parsley, and accompany with crackers.