Ricotta Cheesecake with Fig Sauce is a tasty Italian treat, even without the sauce. The flavors and textures are simply magnifico!
Ricotta Cheesecake with Fig Sauce
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Dessert
- 9 ounces Ricotta cheese
- 1/2 Cup plus 1 Tablespoon flour
- 1/3 Cup sugar
- 1/3 Cup honey
- 2/3 Cup fresh cream
- 1 lemon, grated
- 3 large eggs
- salt, to taste
- Fig Sauce, as needed
- butter as needed
- 10 dried figs
- 1 Cup boiling water
- 1/2 Cup turbinado or raw sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1/2 Cup Brandy
- Place flour in a bowl, add butter cut into pieces, a pinch of salt, sugar and three spoons of cold water. Mix the ingredients and shape the dough into a ball. Let rest.
- Mix in the ricotta with honey, add the grated lemon peel, the beaten eggs and the cream.
- Pour the mixture and mold (dimensions about 9-inches) and level it on the surface.
- Put the mold in the hot oven and cook for about 45 minutes.
- Let cool and spread with Fig Sauce.
- Coarsely chop half the dried figs, and finely chop the other half. Add to a sauce pan with boiling water. Allow to soak for 1 hour, then bring to a boil, and lower heat to simmer for an additional 10 minutes. The figs should be very soft. Add the sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Make a slurry of cornstarch and water, making sure there are no lumps. Pour the slurry into the mixture and stir well. Bring to a boil, stirring thoroughly.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in brandy. Allow to rest and cool.