Ricotta Cheese Pie with Pine Nut Crust
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Baked Goods
- 1/4 Cup butter unsalted
- 3/4 Cup crumbs from amaretto cookies
- 1/2 Cup pine nuts
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoon lemon peel
- 2 eggs
- Berries, grapes, or orange garnish.
- To make crust, place melted butter in 9 inch pie plate.
- Stir in cookie crumbs and pine nuts until well blended. Press firmly against bottom and sides of dish to form crust. Heat until set.
- To make filling, combine ricotta cheese, sour cream, sugar, flour, lemon peel, and eggs in 8 cup glass measure. Heat until center is very warm to the touch, stirring every two minutes. (Microwave is easy). Mixture will be a little lumpy at this point but will cook into a smooth pie.
- Pour filling into crust, smoothing it evenly on top.
- Place pie on top of microwave proof cereal bowl and microwave on medium for 8 to 14 minutes or until almost set in center, rotating one quarter turn once or twice.
- Let stand directly on counter for 30 minutes.
- Chill for 3 hours or overnight before serving.
- Garnish pie.
- To test to see if done, touch the top 1 inch from the center with your finger. When top adheres to your finger, cheese cake underneath should appear to be moist but set, not gooey. Sides should begin to pull away from dish.