No matter how you finally coat Rich Orange-Chocolate Truffles, these confections are pure pleasure, with incredible flavor and that special pairing of chocolate and orange.
- 1/3 Cup heavy cream
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 6 ounces package semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- ground natural pistachio nuts
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- confectioners' sugar
- chocolate jimmies (sprinkles)
- Stir the cream and chocolate chips in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat until bubbling and chocolate is almost melted. Remove from heat. Stir until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the grated orange peel and orange extract.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow baking pan and refrigerate until firm enough to shape, about 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spread 2 to 3 tablespoons of each coating ingredient in individual shallow dishes.
- Divide the cold chocolate mixture into 24 equal portions. Roll each portion into a ball. Roll the balls in the coatings, 6 per coating, to cover completely. Place the balls as they are coated in 1-inch paper or foil bonbon cups. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Makes 2 dozen truffles.
The Spanish Potato Omelet from Castile is an exceptional blend of simple flavors which compound to c...
Cold soups are favorites of mine because they capture the essential flavors of the ingredients, are ...
Sausage and Wild Rice Stuffing is a magnificent stuffing for turkey, chicken, large game birds, duck...
Limerick Ham has a sweet, aromatic glaze that will double as a sauce if you like. An absolutely deli...