No matter how you finally coat Rich Orange-Chocolate Truffles, these confections are pure pleasure, with incredible flavor and that special pairing of chocolate and orange.
- 1/3 Cup heavy cream
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 6 ounces package semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- ground natural pistachio nuts
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- confectioners' sugar
- chocolate jimmies (sprinkles)
- Stir the cream and chocolate chips in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat until bubbling and chocolate is almost melted. Remove from heat. Stir until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the grated orange peel and orange extract.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow baking pan and refrigerate until firm enough to shape, about 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spread 2 to 3 tablespoons of each coating ingredient in individual shallow dishes.
- Divide the cold chocolate mixture into 24 equal portions. Roll each portion into a ball. Roll the balls in the coatings, 6 per coating, to cover completely. Place the balls as they are coated in 1-inch paper or foil bonbon cups. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Makes 2 dozen truffles.
Our recipe for Flourless Chocolate Cake includes a spectacular chocolate ganache sauce. This gluten-...
Few things are as comforting, warming and appealing as a bowl of homemade Cream of Chicken Soup. Th...
Tortilla Soup is a wonderful soup, accented with corn and tortilla strips, avocado and cheese, and f...
Our Publisher's aunt, Mary Salamone was a great cook of traditional Southern Italian fare. Here is A...