Rich Beef Casserole
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Beef
Serves: 6 to 8
- 700 g (1 1/2 pound) chuck or blade steak
- 30 ml (2 Tablespoons) fat or oil
- 1 large onion, skinned and sliced
- 2 green peppers, seeded and sliced
- 150 ml (1/4 pt) red wine
- 30 ml (2 level Tablespoons) tomato paste
- 179 g (6-ounce) packet frozen corn kernels
- salt and pepper
- 1. Cut the meat into 2.5-cm (1-inch) cubes.
- Heat the fat or oil and fry the onion until golden brown, remove and place in a casserole.
- Fry the peppers lightly and add to the onions in the casserole.
- Fry the meat until brown - about 5 minutes.
- Add the wine and tomato paste and season to taste.
- Mix well and add to the vegetables in the casserole.
- Cover and cook in the oven at 170?C (325?F) mark 3 for about 2 hours, then add the corn kernels and continue cooking for a further 10-15 minutes.