Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Rice Dishes
- 1/2 Cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 each green onions, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2/3 Cup water
- 1/3 Cup regular long grain rice
- 1/4 each med. bell pepper *
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage, crushed
- 2 teaspoons snipped parsley
- * Bell peppers can be any color, but should be cut into 1-inch julienne strips.
- In a 1-quart casserole micro-cook mushrooms, onion and butter, uncovered, on 100% power for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes or till vegetables are tender. Stir in water, rice, bell pepper strips, salt, and sage. Micro-cook, covered, on 100% power for 2 to 3 minutes or till boiling. micro-cook, covered, on 50% power for 14 to 16 minutes or till rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, stirring once. Stir in parsley. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.