Red Pepper Soup is tangy, tantalizing and sultry. Amazing flavors.
Red Pepper Soup
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Soups and Stews
Serves: 4 servings
- 3 red peppers
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 medium white or yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 pints (1150 ml) chicken or vegetable stock
- salt and pepper
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- Cut peppers in half and remove seeds. Slice 4 thin strips and reserve. Chop remaining peppers roughly.
- Place the peppers, tomatoes and onion in a large bowl with the stock, salt and pepper. Stir in the cornstarch, making sure there are no lumps. Cover loosely and cook on HIGH for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Allow the soup to stand for 1 to 2 minutes and then puree in a food processor or blender.
- Pour the soup into individual microwave safe bowls and top with reserved pepper strips. Reheat for 1 to 2 minutes before serving.