Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Vegetarian
- 2 large cloves garlic chopped
- 2 large onions sliced
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 500 g eggplant sliced and salted
- 2 large red and green bell peppers, seeded and cut into strips
- 500 g zucchini sliced and salted
- 500 g tomatoes skinned and chopped
- red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed coriander seeds
- chopped parsley
- Cook garlic and onion slowly in oil, until soft but not brown. Add rinsed and dried eggplant and the capsicum strips, cover and simmer 15-20 mins. Add rinsed zucchini and tomato with salt, pepper, sugar and vinegar to taste. Cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until almost dry, about 45 mins, adding coriander seeds 10 mins before end of cooking.
Serve hot or cold, sprinkled with chopped parsley, as a separate dish or with roasts, grills or a barbecue.