The wonderful flavor or Ratafias make the cookies ideal for use in trifles, custards and ice cream to make perfect desserts. Great for snacking too. Best to use these crumbled as a topping, or to dip in hot chocolate or tea.
- butter for greasing
- 2 egg whites
- 5 ounces (150 g) granulated sugar
- 4 ounces (100 g) ground almonds
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) ground rice or rice flour
- Grease a baking sheet and cover with rice paper or baking parchment. Set the oven at 325 degrees F. (160 degrees C.) or gas 3.
- In a clean, grease-free bowl, whisk the egg whites until frothy but not stiff enough to form peaks.
- Stir in the sugar, ground almonds and ground rice.
- Beat with a wooden spoon until thick and white.
- Using a coffee spoon, place tiny heaps of the mixture on the rice paper, allowing a little room for spreading.
- The biscuits should be no more than 3/4 inch (2 cm) in diameter.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until pale fawn in colour.
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool.
A delicious accompaniment with your meal, Herb-Cheese Biscuits are crisp, light and flavorful. Perfe...
Beef with Black Bean Sauce with Red Pepper and Noodles may seem wordy, but the title belies an excep...
The versatile lusciousness of Lemon Zabaglione, a creative confection, leads to many variations and ...
An incredibly pleasant accompaniment for coffee or tea, Almond, Lemon, and Anise Biscotti are a Neap...