The wonderful flavor or Ratafias make the cookies ideal for use in trifles, custards and ice cream to make perfect desserts. Great for snacking too. Best to use these crumbled as a topping, or to dip in hot chocolate or tea.
- butter for greasing
- 2 egg whites
- 5 ounces (150 g) granulated sugar
- 4 ounces (100 g) ground almonds
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) ground rice or rice flour
- Grease a baking sheet and cover with rice paper or baking parchment. Set the oven at 325 degrees F. (160 degrees C.) or gas 3.
- In a clean, grease-free bowl, whisk the egg whites until frothy but not stiff enough to form peaks.
- Stir in the sugar, ground almonds and ground rice.
- Beat with a wooden spoon until thick and white.
- Using a coffee spoon, place tiny heaps of the mixture on the rice paper, allowing a little room for spreading.
- The biscuits should be no more than 3/4 inch (2 cm) in diameter.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until pale fawn in colour.
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool.
Originated by Ina Pinkney at her restaurant, Heavenly Hots are delicious sour cream-based pancakes t...
Garlic Herb Roasted Coulotte is incredibly flavorful, with a rich taste of beef, garlic, pepper and ...
Green Tea Sorbet is an exceptional integration of French and Japanese cuisines, resulting in a delic...
Veal Stew with Apples is best made with crisp, firm apples that hold up to cooking. The flavors are...