Eton mess is a dessert of English origin consisting of a mixture of berries, pieces of meringue and cream, which is traditionally served at Eton College’s annual cricket game against the students of Winchester College.
This makes a glorious treat for Mother’s Day that Dad can make with the kids. It’s fun, messy and delicious and a great treat for Mom.
- 13 ounces (400g) fresh raspberries
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic glaze
- 1 Tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- 14 fluid ounces (400ml) whipping cream
- 6 individual Meringue Nests
- Mix the raspberries with the balsamic glaze.
- Add the icing sugar to the cream and whip into ‘soft peaks’.
- Crumble the meringues into the cream and fold through. Lastly add the raspberries (save a few for garnish) and fold through gently to create a ripple effect.
- Spoon into glasses, top with the reserved raspberries and chill until ready to serve.