Eton mess is a dessert of English origin consisting of a mixture of berries, pieces of meringue and cream, which is traditionally served at Eton College’s annual cricket game against the students of Winchester College.
This makes a glorious treat for Mother’s Day that Dad can make with the kids. It’s fun, messy and delicious and a great treat for Mom.
- 13 ounces (400g) fresh raspberries
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic glaze
- 1 Tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- 14 fluid ounces (400ml) whipping cream
- 6 individual Meringue Nests
- Mix the raspberries with the balsamic glaze.
- Add the icing sugar to the cream and whip into ‘soft peaks’.
- Crumble the meringues into the cream and fold through. Lastly add the raspberries (save a few for garnish) and fold through gently to create a ripple effect.
- Spoon into glasses, top with the reserved raspberries and chill until ready to serve.
There is incredible flavor as well as nutritional value in Simply Steamed Broccoli, served with lemo...
Succulent, Cider Roast Turkey, with tender glazed apples and pear makes the ultimate centerpiece for...
The taste of Olde and New England is evident in every bite of our tasty Pear, Cranberry and Horserad...
Irish Chicken and Cabbage is an ideal main course for Sunday supper. It is humble, flavorful, genero...