Eton mess is a dessert of English origin consisting of a mixture of berries, pieces of meringue and cream, which is traditionally served at Eton College’s annual cricket game against the students of Winchester College.
This makes a glorious treat for Mother’s Day that Dad can make with the kids. It’s fun, messy and delicious and a great treat for Mom.
- 13 ounces (400g) fresh raspberries
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic glaze
- 1 Tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- 14 fluid ounces (400ml) whipping cream
- 6 individual Meringue Nests
- Mix the raspberries with the balsamic glaze.
- Add the icing sugar to the cream and whip into ‘soft peaks’.
- Crumble the meringues into the cream and fold through. Lastly add the raspberries (save a few for garnish) and fold through gently to create a ripple effect.
- Spoon into glasses, top with the reserved raspberries and chill until ready to serve.
We made our delicious version with Panettone, though brioche works as well (much better than whole w...
A classic Bavarian cake from the Black Forest where sour cherries grow wild, this delicious treat is...
Bacalaítos are salt cod fritters filled with minced cod fish and garnished with cilantro, tomatoes a...
Chocolate Chip Muffins are a delicious, favorite morning treat, perfect with a cup of coffee for a q...