Who would imagine any creme brulee recipe being low fat and low calorie?
Raspberry Creme Brulee
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Desserts
- 2 Cups milk, non-fat
- 2 Tablespoons dry milk powder, non-fat
- 3/4 Cup egg substitute
- 1/3 Cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 30 raspberries, fresh
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Gradually stir milk into milk powder. Stir in egg substitute, 1/3 Cup sugar, and vanilla.
- Place 5 raspberries in bottom of each of six 6-oz custard cups. Top with custard mixture. Bake in pan filled with hot water to 1" depth about 35 minutes, until custard is set.
- Chill. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon sugar over top of each custard and place cups on baking sheet. Broil 4" from heat until sugar is caramelized.
Per serving: 141 cal, 127 mg sodium, 2 mg cholesterol, 2 grams fat, 13% of calories from fat, 25 grams carbohydrates, 7 grams protein.