Summertime bliss for lovers of good wine, Raspberry-Beujolais Sorbet is a frozen dessert that’s simply delightful. Sweet yet tangy, it has an enticing impact on the palate.
- 3 Cups fresh or frozen raspberries; thawed
- 1/2 Cup water
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Cup Beaujolais or other dry red wine
- 1/4 Cup whipping cream
- extra fresh berries for garnish
- Combine raspberries and water in container of a food processor or blender; process until smooth. Pour mixture through a wire-mesh strainer, pressing raspberries with back of spoon against the sides of the strainer to squeeze out juice. Discard pulp and seeds remaining in strainer.
- Return to blender; add sugar and remaining ingredients, and process 1 minute. Pour mixture into a 9" square pan; freeze until almost firm.
- Break mixture into chunks, and place in a large mixing bowl; beat at low speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Return to pan, and freeze until firm.
- Garnish each serving with a single fresh raspberry.
Ballotine of Duckling is a British creation of outstanding complexity of flavors. It is a difficult...
Mille-Feuille of Mushrooms is an extraordinary French appetizer or first course. Crunchy, woodsy, an...
Incredibly tasty, somewhat sweet and crunchy Baked Stuffed Pumpkin that has wonderful flavor and tex...
Rhubarb Tarte Tatin served with Mascarpone is an outstanding British dessert of impeccable quality, ...