A Rasher of Bacon consists usually of at least 6 slices of crispy bacon slices, served separately from a main course, as a side dish. Our recipe bakes the bacon. The technique of baking drains the fat away from the meat, making it lighter, less greasy and tastier. Baked bacon is best for crumbling, too!
- 12 slices high quality bacon
- maple syrup, as needed, or
- brown sugar, as needed, or
- spices of choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To make baked bacon, lay the bacon slices evenly on a rack over a pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- Lay bacon slices carefully on the rack and brush with maple syrup, then bake until golden brown.
- As an alternative to plain or maple, sprinkle light brown sugar on the sliced bacon while laid out on the rack, then bake to caramelize the sugar. Take care to avoid burning the sugar.
- Sprinkle the spices you like on the bacon slices, such as paprika, chili powder, or a spice blend, and bake for 10 to 15 minutes.